To reduce transport carbon emissions, and to improve the air quality, it is essential to accelerate the transition to zero emission electric vehicles (EVs).
With 27% of the city’s operational carbon emissions coming from transport, and 90% of that from private passenger cars, the City of Adelaide provides critical infrastructure and incentives to encourage electric and low-emission vehicle use.
- City of Adelaide Electric Vehicle Charging HUB – 109 Franklin St, Adelaide – 8 charging points
- Central Markets UPark – 11 charging points
- Rundle St UPark – 11 charging points (coming soon)
- Wyatt St UPark – 4 charging points, 3 available for permanent reserve (coming soon)
- Topham UPark - 4 charging points, available for permanent reserve (coming soon)
- Light Square, Adelaide – 2 charging points (coming soon)
- Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide - 2 charging points (coming soon)
- Jerningham St, North Adelaide - 2 charging points (coming soon)
Rebates of up to $5,000 are available when installing an eligible electric vehicle charging bay, via the City of Adelaide Sustainability Incentives Scheme
The City of Adelaide is leading the way in electric vehicle charging stations. ClimateWorks Australia used the City of Adelaide as a successful case study in the ‘State of Electric Vehicles in Australia, Second Report’.
City of Adelaide Electric Vehicle Charging Hub
The City of Adelaide (collaborating with SA Power Networks, Mitsubishi Motors, Tesla and the Government of South Australia) has launched the City of Adelaide Electric Vehicle Charging Hub.
Located at 109 Franklin Street (next to the Adelaide Central Bus Station) the Hub provides electric vehicle charging services for up to 8 vehicles. Parking spaces at the Hub are designated as Permit Zone – Electric Vehicle Exempt. No additional parking fees apply.
Compatible with all current plug-in electric vehicle models, the Hub is equipped with:
- 2 Fast Charging Points (AC 22kW) – City of Adelaide service
- 2 Super Fast Charging Stations (DC 50kW) – City of Adelaide service
- 4 Tesla Superchargers (125 kW) – Tesla service
Central Markets UPark Electric Vehicle Charging Station – Level 1
10 Fast Charging Points (AC 22kW) – City of Adelaide service
1 Accessibility Bay Fast Charging Points (AC 22kW) – City of Adelaide service
You will need to download the Chargefox App and register to operate the City of Adelaide services. Instructions for use can be found on the charging stations.
BYO charging cable for the City of Adelaide Fast Charging Points (AC 22kW)
To reduce trip and electrical hazards when not in use, the City of Adelaide Fast Chargers (AC 22kW) use a ‘bring your own cable’ model. You will need a cable with a type 2 connection plug. Contact your vehicle supplier or go online to source the appropriate cable for your vehicle.
City of Adelaide Electric Vehicle Charging Service Fees
FIRST HOUR FREE
Over 1 hour:
• $0.20 per kWh (6am – 6pm Mon – Fri)
• $0.10 per kWh (at all other times)
City of Adelaide Super Fast Charging Stations (DC 50kW)
• $0.30 per kWh (at all times)
A minimum fee of $1 applies after the first hour.
Our EV charging services will strategically place Adelaide at the hub of South Australia’s emerging EV charging network.Back to Top