While there are plenty of taxis available, particularly in the city's key entertainment districts, it's worth booking a taxi for the busiest periods, such as Friday and Saturday nights. Most taxi companies have smartphone apps that you can download, making booking a taxi even easier.
Taxi companies include:
Wheelchair accessible taxis are provided by Adelaide Access Taxis.
On Friday and Saturday nights between 11pm and 4:30am, there are a number of supervised taxi ranks that provide a safe place to wait for a taxi after a night out in the city. These ranks are operated by the Taxi Council SA and staffed with a concierge and a security officer.
The supervised ranks are located at:
- Hindley Street, east of Morphett Street
- North Terrace, entrance to Adelaide Casino
- Morphett Street, south of Hindley Street
- Pulteney Street near the entrance to Rundle Mall
- Eastern side of King William Street, near the entrance to Rundle Mall
Back to Top