Smart Parking in the City with the Park Adelaide App
With over 200,000 vehicles visiting the city every day, we know that it can be a struggle to find a park. That’s why we’ve introduced Smart Parking – a simpler and more convenient way of parking.
The City of Adelaide's new mobile app, Park Adelaide, gives you accurate real-time parking information. Use the Park Adelaide app to locate, pay for, and extend your parking session remotely, so you won’t have to return to your vehicle. It also gives you directions to available parking bays, information about parking controls, and alerts when your parking session is about to expire.
Smart Parking uses in-ground sensors which have been installed in approximately 2,800 (of a total of 17,500) on-street parking bays across the city. Communication relays have been installed on approximately 150 electrical poles to help transmit parking information to the app.
Importantly, Park Adelaide is not a booking or reservation system. You must drive into an available bay before purchasing an electronic ticket via the app. The option to pay via a ticket machine will still be available in all smart parking bays.
Use the ‘Guest Login’ to navigate to available bays and view the parking control details without the need to register as an Account User. You must register for a User Account to get access to the payment functionality.
Smart Parking Locations
Smart Parking FAQs
What is Smart Parking?
The City of Adelaide’s Smart Parking technology will make it more convenient for you to park your vehicle in the city.
Our Smart Parking capability uses in-ground sensors that work in conjunction with a smart device app, Park Adelaide, which enables you to:
- Display and navigate to available parking spaces, via your device maps;
- Get accurate real-time information about available parking bays and time limits;
- Pay for your parking on your smart device;
- Receive alerts when your parking session is about to expire;
- Remotely ‘top up’ your parking session to the maximum time limit; and
- Take up the option of a one-off 15 minute ‘Extent Stay’ beyond the maximum time limit for a fee of $5.50
What is Park Adelaide?
Park Adelaide is the accompanying smart device app used to access the benefits of our Smart Parking technology.
The app will be available for download, free of charge, on both Google Play and Apple iOS stores.
How will the app work?
Once installed, follow these steps to locate and pay for available parking:
- Open the app and sign in
- Using the map navigate to the area of the city you wish to park in and select an icon
- Each icon represents a parking bay or grouping of parking bays
- The number in the icon colours is the number of available spaces
- The colour of the icon reflects the % of spaces available
- Green = under 60% of the spaces available are empty
- Orange = greater than 60% of the spaces are full
- Red = greater than 80% of spaces are full
- Selecting the INFORMATION option at the bottom of the screen will show the related parking controls such as time limit and cost
- Drive to an available bay
- Selecting the DIRECTIONS option at the bottom of the screen will open your devices default navigation application in a separate window
- Park your vehicle in a Parking Bay and make any necessary parking adjustments
- Adjusting your car parking after you have purchased a ticket may accidently cancel your ticket
- Select the PARK/PAY option at the bottom of the screen
- Select Choose Bay Label and from the dropdown list select the 5-digit code (painted on the ground) associated with your parking bay
- Select Park Until and select the time required for your parking (provided in 15-minute increments)
- Select Get Price
- Review the parking information returned
- Select the Pay button to pay for your parking session
- The app will provide a timer listing the time remaining for your park
- The app will send you a Reminder Notification when your time is about to expire (Notifications must be switched to ‘ON’ on your device.)
- If required, you have the option to remotely top up your parking session up to the maximum time limit for that bay
- You also have the unique opportunity to choose a one-off ‘Extend Stay’ for up to 15 minutes beyond the maximum time limit.
How do I know where specific time limit parking bays are located?
Park Adelaide allows you to filter the information you require to include specific parking controls, for example you can select parking bay type ie paid parking, loading zone, disability bays.
Isn’t it illegal to touch your phone while driving?
The ‘Navigate’ functionality can revert to your smart devices default mapping service (e.g. Google Maps) which may support voice prompted guidance if enabled, thereby eliminating the need to physically touch the phone. We encourage all drivers to act within the law and do not condone using a mobile phone while driving
Is Smart Parking more expensive than normal on-street parking?
No, paying via the Park Adelaide app will cost the same as using an on-street ticket machine.
Can I still pay for a parking bay with the ticket machine?
Do I have to use the Park Adelaide app?
No. However, the app provides some great benefits that you’ll miss out on if using a ticket machine. For instance, you will receive a Reminder Notification when your parking session is about to expire, giving you the option to extend your time remotely using the Park Adelaide app.
How much time can I extend my parking by?
Each parking bay has a maximum time limit showing how long your vehicle can remain parked in that bay. Park Adelaide offers you the unique opportunity to choose a one-off ‘Extend Stay’ option, which will allow you to extend your parking session for up to 15 minutes beyond the maximum time limit.
What happens if I overstay my parking time limit?
We encourage you to move your vehicle once your parking session has expired to avoid receiving a parking Expiation Notice.
What if I leave before my paid time has expired – can I get a refund?
There are no refunds for fees paid – this is the same as using a ticket machine. You can, however, use the app to pay for a shorter period initially, and then remotely extend the time using the Park Adelaide app.
Can I only extend my parking using the Park Adelaide app?
Yes. However, if you’ve paid at the ticket machine, you are still able to return and buy another ticket to extend your parking up to the maximum time limit. You are not able to extend your parking session once the maximum time limit has expired.
What about Accessibility parking?
Smart Parking will not change Disability Parking Permit holder concessions.
The Smart Parking app will not affect the concessions currently provided to vehicles displaying a valid Disability Parking Permit. Although the sensor will record the time a vehicle is present in a particular bay, our Parking and Information Officers will continue to apply the concessions where appropriate.
When a valid Disability Parking Permit is clearly displayed in the vehicle Disability Permit holders are:
- allowed a maximum 30 min if they park in a permissive zone that is less than 30min
- allowed a maximum of 2 hours when parked in a 30 min or 1 hour zone
- allowed double the time when parked in a 2 hour or above zone.
- If parking in a designated Disabled Parking Zone, the time limit on that sign applies (ie no extra time)
The City of Adelaide will also continue its policy where a holder of a Disability Parking Permit does not need to pay the required ‘on-street’ fee when displaying a valid Disability Parking Permit. This concession only applies to on-street parking in the Adelaide City Council area and does not necessarily apply in other Council areas. It is also important to note that this concession does not apply when purchasing tickets in UPark car parks or other private parking areas.
Please be aware your vehicle cannot stay if the bay changes to a Restrictive Zone e.g. No Stopping or Bus Zone – please check the parking control information on the Park Adelaide app carefully.
• The technology will provide an enhanced parking experience by making it easier for customers to plan ahead and locate available bays, understand the relevant parking control, pay for parking on their phone/device and save time.
• Council will have greater insight into customer parking behaviour patterns, which will inform evidence- based decision making in relation to the most appropriate parking controls, resulting in increased utilisation of bays.
• Reduced carbon emissions as less circling will be required to locate an available park leading to reduced traffic congestion.
• A shift in community mindset. Smart parking will make parking easier and more efficient for customers, increasing satisfaction and visitation.
City of Adelaide Benefits
• A key initiative of the City of Adelaide’s Smart City Project, Smart Parking supports Council's sustainability goals by improving traffic flow, reducing traffic congestion and carbon emissions.
• The implementation of on-street smart parking technology will be a first for South Australia, putting people first and positioning Adelaide as a leading smart city.
• Valuable sensor data will give the City of Adelaide a holistic view of parking across the city and an insight into how our customers are using on-street parking.
• More effective compliance monitoring through greater efficiency with rostering of Parking and Information Officers. Staff will only need to visit an area once to assess parking sessions, an improvement to the current chalk marking method which requires two visits.
• Smart parking provides an opportunity for a shift in strategic direction and will change the way the organisation thinks about parking, creating a better experience for our customers. It will allow us to be more proactive in our service to the community, creating opportunities to better meet our customer needs.
- On-street parking is a shared community asset for which demand regularly exceeds supply, particularly in the CBD. This requires careful management to ensure customers have fair and reasonable access.
- The City of Adelaide has a total of 17,500 on-street parking bays. Approximately 2,800 sensors will be installed, predominantly in ticketed parking bays.
- Smart Parking Limited is a global company at the cutting edge of smart parking technology, using an innovative cloud-based platform that will provide our city’s visitors with an easy-to-use Park Adelaide app at their fingertips.
- Their technology has been adopted in 17 countries and they have installed over 55,500 wireless sensors across the globe.
- An initial installation was undertaken in Light Square as an opportunity to assess the implementation process, test and verify the technology before the full rollout. Fifty-five sensors were installed in the trial area in February 2018.
- Full roll out of sensors occurred during June–September 2018. Scheduling of sensor installation has been coordinated with the Infrastructure Program of Works 2017–2020 schedule to minimise the impact to residents, businesses and potential rework.
‘Extend Stay’ Initiative
- Smart Parking presents an opportunity to explore and implement a different pricing strategy than traditional ticket machines allow.
- We understand that ‘life happens’ and sometimes it’s difficult to get back to your vehicle on time.
- An offer of a one-off 15-minute extension provides customers an opportunity to delay returning to their vehicle.
- The ‘Extend Stay’ is offered as a one-off opportunity per parking session, thereby continuing to support vehicle turnover and ensure parking availability for businesses and other customers who wish to access the area.
- It provides customers with the opportunity to avoid an expiation if they are running late.
- Extending a parking session beyond the maximum time limit is an Australian-first.
- Market research has been undertaken regarding the proposed ‘Extend Stay’ option.
- Four hundred survey participants were asked what they would be willing to pay for a ‘one off’ 15-minute extension beyond the maximum time limit. Findings from the Survey found customers would be prepared to pay between $4.70 and $6.90 for an ‘Extend Stay’ to avoid the risk of receiving a $52 Expiation Notice.
Note: 'Extend Stay' is only available through the ‘Park Adelaide’ app and is not available to customers who pay via a Ticket Machine (Current statistics state that 88% of the Australian population own a smart phone – Statistic from the Deloitte's Technology, Media Telecommunications (TMT) industry group Mobile Consumer Survey 2017).