White Horse Inn, Currie Street, 1874


Photo taken 01 September 1874

B 1007 Taken in September 1874. The photo shows the White Horse Inn south side of Currie Street, Adelaide between King William and Topham Streets, opposite Peel Street. The verandah supports feature interesting iron work. It remained a popular watering hole from 1841 until it was delicensed in 1921. It had been rebuilt in 1875. It was run by Henry Martin from 1868 to 1874. Go to State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia