Central Market Vehicle Permit Conditions
Annual vehicle permits are issued to assist traders in the course of their trading, but permit holders must comply with the following Permit Conditions at all times. The permit is issued in good faith and for the purpose of enabling access for vehicles loading and unloading into the Market area and Gouger and Grote Streets.
This is not a general parking permit and does not allow vehicles to remain other than while being loaded or unloaded.
Central Market Permits apply in the designated permit areas on Gouger and Grote Streets.
To avoid unnecessary obstructions to vehicle movement, permit holders must ensure that the time their vehicle remains in and near the Market is kept in accordance with their permit conditions and permitted time limits being 30 or 60 minutes. 'The purpose is to improve the safety and convenience for ALL Market users.
If vehicles are creating problems to the Central Market operations, please contact the City of Adelaide (Council) Customer Service Centre by telephone 8203 7203.
Vehicle Permit Rules and Conditions
The following conditions must be observed at all times when allowing a vehicle to remain within the Central Market permit zones:
- Subject to further notice, hours of access are detailed on the on-street parking signs for permit holders use within the conditions of their permit.
- If any equipment, furniture or fittings are damaged by a vehicle whilst unloading or delivering goods to the Central Market, both the owner and driver shall be liable for the cost of repairing such damage and for the value of any property which has been damaged beyond repair.
- Vehicles shall only remain in the permit area whilst loading and unloading and in any event only remain for the maximum of 30 or 60 minutes, as specified by the conditions of their permit.
- Vehicles must not be parked in such a manner as to block the thoroughfare or access to any other vehicles.
- At all times, drivers of vehicles must comply with the-directions of any authorised officer of the City of Adelaide (Council), Central Market Management and SA Police.
- No vehicles (including forklifts) are to be driven or parked on any footpaths around the Precinct.
- A decal will be issued upon payment of the permit to Council. A maximum of three (3) vehicles can be registered on the permit. The vehicles may be station wagons, utilities, vans; trucks and forklifts. All vehicles must be registered (inclusive of forklifts).
- The decal must be clearly displayed in the passenger side windscreen of the vehicle so as to be clearly visible at all times. Failure to display the decal will lead to the issue of an infringement notice.
- Payment for the permit fee is non refundable and renewable annually July
- The permit cannot be exercised in relation to a vehicle other than the vehicles for which this permit is issued. In the event where the vehicle is sold or no longer used, and a different vehicle is proposed to be used, the permit holder must complete a change of vehicle request form and submit for approval and the payment of a fee associated with this change. A new decal will be issued reflecting the changes.
- The Adelaide Central Market Authority (ACMA) and the City of Adelaide (Council) reserves the right to revoke a permit at any time in its absolute discretion.
- The Adelaide Central Market Authority (ACMA) and the Corporation of the City Adelaide (Council) may vary the access provisions relating to this use of this permit at any time by written notice.
- Application for non-tenant permits (i.e. delivery companies, suppliers, contractors, etc) of the Central Market must be approved by the Adelaide Central Market Authority (ACMA) before payment is processed to the City of Adelaide (Council). This applies for all permit applications new, renew/replacement and change of vehicle request.