Strategic & Corporate Planning
City of Adelaide prepares strategic management plans to:
- Set a clear vision and objectives for the City, in consultation with the community, and outline how it will work towards these
- Address issues of significance in the City
- Align its efforts with the South Australian and Australian Governments
- Manage its resources, people and assets in a sustainable way.
Requirements for strategic management plans are explained by the Local Government Act 1999 (Section 122).
City of Adelaide’s strategic management plans are listed below.
City of Adelaide Strategic Plan 2016–2020
The City of Adelaide 2016 – 2020 Strategic Plan was unanimously adopted by Council on 29 June 2016 and outlines the vision and outcomes desired for the City, and the strategies, key projects and services Council will deliver between 2016 and 2020.
DOWNLOAD TO VIEW: City of Adelaide 2016 - 2020 Strategic Plan - single spread version (6MB)
DOWNLOAD TO VIEW: City of Adelaide 2016 - 2020 Strategic Plan - double spread version (6MB)
Business Plan and Budget
The Business Plan and Budget is prepared each year and outlines Council’s activities for a given financial year. These activities contribute towards the delivery of the Strategic Plan, Strategic Resource Plan and 10 year Infrastructure and Asset Management Plans. It also includes an annual update of Council’s Long-Term Financial Plan to ensure that Council’s activities are financially sustainable.
Adelaide: One City, Many Places 'Spatial Vision for the Future of the City’
The Spatial Vision is a spatial plan for the future of the City. It provides an integrated plan for the long term land use, built form and transport planning envisaged for the City. The Spatial Vision can be referenced for:
- Planning for infrastructure, public realm, social services and public realm enhancements
- Placemaking initiatives
- Reference in building design
- Issues and options for statutory planning reform
- Integration with inner suburbs
- Localised structure planning for high growth areas east and west of the CBD
The Plan is a 10 year vision within a 30 year context and provides context for a number of planning priorities which should be progressed. The Spatial Vision is integrated with the Smart Move: Transport and Movement Strategy 2012 – 22 and is a ‘Structure Plan’ for the City as envisaged in the 30 Year Plan for Greater Adelaide.
To view ‘Adelaide: One City, Many Places - Spatial Vision for the Future of the City’ click here. Note this version was adopted by Council on 11 June 2013 and has been forwarded to the Minister for Planning seeking endorsement.