Facade Improvement Incentives (FII)
The Facade Improvement Incentives (FII) provides generous grants to assist property owners with improving the street appeal of their unlisted pre-WWII historic character buildings within the CBD and North Adelaide commercial precincts.
Why Facade Improvements?
- Declutter and refresh the look of your facade
- Improve the street appeal of your building
- Reveal a historic facade that has been hidden for many years
- Help businesses attract customers
- Enhance the marketability of the local business area
- Address building code compliance issues
What projects are funded?
- Removing cladding which conceals historic facades
- Reinstating lost elements such as verandahs, windows or architectural details
- Removing paint from previously unpainted stone or brickwork
- Painting or lighting of facades
- Decluttering signage
- Supplementary building compliance work
- Open all year-round
- 75% of building works up to $30,000
- 100% of professional advice and documentation costs up to $10,000
- Grants over $30,000 may also be considered by council on merit
For more information contact the Heritage team to discuss possible projects
Phone: (08) 8203 7185