Computers & Internet
Adelaide City Libraries offer public computer access to members and visitors. Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities are also available.
- Use your Adelaide City Libraries card barcode and 4-digit PIN to reserve a computer and login. To become a member, enquire at one of our library centres.
- Bookings can be made for one hour at a time, with a maximum of 2 hours per customer per day.
- Users under the age of 18 can use the computers to access Microsoft Office and other offline programs, but not the Internet.
- Users under the age of 18 who wish to access the Internet must have parental/guardian consent to use the Internet.
- Identification is required to use the computer service.
- Obtain a temporary visitor pass and PIN from the front counter.
- A maximum of 1 hour per visitor per day is available.
- Your visitor pass will be active for 28 days
Wireless Internet Access
City of Adelaide Library Centre’s are hotspots for free wireless access. Adelaide Free & Internode as well as the SA Public Libraries Wireless network are available for patrons to connect with their own laptop or other wireless devices. For assistance in setting up a wireless connection drop in to one of our libraries and ask our friendly Library Customer Services Officers for assistance.
Need to print something from your own device? Try web printing!
We are among the first libraries in South Australia to offer this exciting service, which enables you to print documents from your Internet enabled device. It’s fast, easy, and costs the same as printing from one of our PCs. All you need is a smartphone, tablet or PC which is connected to the Internet, and your Adelaide library card. If you don’t have an Adelaide card, please visit us to get a Guest Ticket.
Upload or email your documents, then visit one of our library centres within 48 hours to release your printing.
Web printing makes it possible for you to send a print job from anywhere anytime and collect it from your Adelaide Library.
Go to http://webprint.adelaidecitycouncil.com to get started.
All Library visitors and PC users are expected to follow our Customer Conditions of Entry and our computer Conditions of Use. Customers using the Public Library Internet must follow the Acceptable Use Policy. Appropriate and responsible behaviour is expected at all times.
The following inappropriate behaviour may result in loss of access to this service:
- Displaying inappropriate or offensive material on library computers
- Harassment, or bullying of other customers
- Altering or damaging computer hardware, software, settings or files
- The intentional violation of copyright law. Customers must be aware of and agree to abide by copyright regulations.
Adelaide CIty Libraries are eSmart Libraries. To learn more about Smart, Safe or Responsible computer and Internet use please talk to a staff member or refer to our Digital Hub page for training and programs. Additional eSmart resources are also available on our website here.Back to Top