Council Assessment Panel
The Council Assessment Panel (CAP) is being established under the Planning, Development and Infrastructure Act 2016 (‘PDI Act’) and commences as of 1 October 2017. The role of the Panel is to assist Council with the assessment of development applications against the relevant provisions of Council’s Development Plan.
The Panel is comprised of 4 Independent Members and 1 Council Elected Member:
- John Hodgson (Presiding Member)
- Mads Gaardboe
- Heath Edwards
- Ross Bateup
- Councillor Anne Moran
The Role of CAP
Council’s Assessment Panel is advised by Council’s Administration, and its key roles include:
- The assessment and determination of development applications
- The provision of advice to the Development Assessment Commission on proposals determined by the Commission
- The consideration of proposals subject to appeal to the Environment Resources and Development Court
- The consideration of other assessment matters referred to the Panel by Council’s Administration or those initiated by the Panel
- Hearing representations from the public concerning applications that have been publicly notified
- The role of the Panel may change over time as the Planning, Development Infrastructure Act, 2016 is implemented.
Further details on the role of panel members will be updated shortly.
Information on Council’s Instrument of Delegation can be found here.
The Minister’s draft Code of Conduction can be found here.Back to Top