Sturt Arcade Hotel, Grenfell Street, Adelaide, 1892


Photo taken 01 January 1892

B 704 Established in 1837 as Fordham's Hotel, became the Sturt Hotel in 1845 and the Sturt Arcade from 1886 until its closure in the early 1990s. The hotel building (on the left of this photograph) dates from 1885 and no longer exists. For a photo of the hotel in 1924 see: www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/15532... The hotel in 1990: www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/45236... Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.