Rainbow Tavern, Gouger Street, Adelaide, 1865


Photo taken 01 January 1865

B 5099/8 Duryea, Townsend, 1823-1888, photographer A detail from Duryea's Panorama of Adelaide, photographed from the Town Hall tower. The Rainbow Tavern was established in 1853 and subsequently known as the Rainbow Inn and Rainbow Hotel before becoming the Supreme Court Hotel in 1874. The hotel c1871: www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/15508... Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.