Hotel Centralia, North Terrace, 1984


Photo taken 14 October 2014

B 57934 State Library of South Australia, photographer Hotel Centralia, 61-65 North Terrace. Established in 1845 as the Black Swan Inn and changed its name to the Centralia in 1940. In the 1980s/1990s it was a popular venue for live music, especially punk/alternative bands. Demolished in the early 1990s. Now the site of University of South Australia buildings. See the Black Swan in 1940: www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/15531... Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.