Former White Horse Hotel. Elder's Trustee and Executor Company building, Currie Street, 1923


Photo taken 25 September 1923

B 1767 The former White Horse Hotel after being taken over by Elder's Trustee and Executor Company. The verandah has been removed. The Rankine family of publicans were the last licensees from 1911 to 1921. The building was then taken over by Elder Smith and Company, the agricultural supplier. Its verandah was removed, and then in 1935 it was demolished and the present Elder House was built. Go to State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia