Earl of Zetland Hotel, Adelaide, 1870


Photo taken 01 January 1870

B 16004/3 Duryea, Townsend, 1823-1888, photographer A detail from Duryea's 1870 Panorama of Adelaide, photographed from the Town Hall tower. The Earl of Zetland Hotel was on the north-east corner of Flinders Street and Gawler Place. Established by Thomas Bastard in 1869. Demolished in the mid 1990s. Before the hotel closed it was well known for one of the largest collections of single malt whiskies available in the world. The hotel in 1964: www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/15345... Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.