Skip to City of Adelaide content
our online payment systems including ePathway will be unavailable Monday,15 April, from 9:00pm to 11:30pm. Please try again after this time.p>
Call (08) 8203 7203

Park Lands Sporting Licences


Licence Holder

Groups who are an Education Institution and/or incorporated, not-for-profit recreation and sport organisations affiliated with their respective peak body will be eligible to apply for a Park Lands sporting licence within the Park Lands.

Clubs and Associations will also need to operate with a constitution and an executive committee of a minimum of 3 people. Also required is a membership base of at least 15 active and independent members.

Recreation and sporting clubs will also be encouraged to join Active Australia and become an Active Australia Provider.

The City of Adelaide encourages all applicants to obtain a copy of the Adelaide Park Lands Leasing and Licensing Policy. (305Kb)

If you would like to use a sporting licensed area for either casual use or for regular use please contact the licence holder directly. Download the Sporting Licence Holder Contact Information.

Sub-Licence Holder

A Sub-Licence Holder shares the clubroom and/or the sporting licensed area, however the licence holder is responsible overall for the day to day operation of the licensed area and is subject to the same requirements as a Licence Holder.

How To Apply

Licence Holder

The licence period is from 1 September to 31 August and renewed annually.

» Download Application Form (223Kb)

Forms should be sent to:

The Park Lands Approvals Officer
GPO Box 2252
Adelaide SA 5001

To have your application considered, your application must be submitted by 1 June and will be subject to a 3 week period of public consultation.

A Licence Holder is required to obtain and provide a Public Liability Insurance “Certificate of Currency”. This policy must be to the value of $20m for each and every claim and must be extended to name and indemnify the Council. The licence holder must also have contents insurance for any building that may be included in the licensed area.

  • A current copy of your organisation’s Constitution is required.
  • Paperwork certifying that your organisation is Not-for-profit or Incorporated
  • If, at the time of application (or at any other time) your organisation also wishes to sub-licence its sporting area, the sub-licencee application form must be received and approved by Council.

Further information may be requested by the Park Lands Approvals Officer as required.

Sub-Licence Holder

If you are interested in sub-licensing an area of the Park Lands please contact the Park Lands Approvals Officer for relevant information and assistance.

The licence period is from 1 September to 31 August and renewed annually.

Application forms should be sent to the Licence Holder of the area being applied, for the Licence Holder to give initial approval of the sub-licence holder’s activities. The sub-licence holder also requires evidence of $20 million public liability which names City of Adelaide as an Interested Party.

The Licence Holder must then forward the sub-licence application along with the Licence Holder application form to Council prior to 31 August.

» Obtain an Application Form (126Kb). Forms should be sent to:

The Park Lands Approvals Officer
GPO Box 2252

The Park Lands Approvals Officer will provide assistance throughout (subject to availability) the process including direction in selecting an appropriate area of the Park Lands suitable for your organisation, providing licence holder contact details and completing the relevant paperwork.

Sub-licensing of an area will be permitted subject to Council approval; and the approved sub-licensees will be required to comply with all aspects of the Recreation and Sport Park Lands Facilities Policy and Guidelines.


Recreation and sport facilities in the Park Lands must be maintained to an acceptable standard.

Licensees will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading playing surfaces. [Licencees are expected to carry out any reasonable request from Council.]

A Park Lands Sporting Licence provides the licence holder with the' first priority' to use the licensed area. It does not permit exclusive use. Casual use must be permitted by the licence holder.

Casual use requests should be accommodated depending on the Licence Holder’s (and sub-licence) requirements and usage.

» Council's Park Lands Sporting Licence (286Kb)
» Maps of the Park Lands


The majority of the Park Lands Sporting Licence fees are charged on a per hectare basis (pay for the area you use). The annual fee is $795.00 per year per hectare. Other fees may apply. Contact the Park Lands Approvals Officer for further details.

Council must approve any fees charged by licence holders to sub-licensees. Sub-licence fees will not exceed 50% of the sum of annual licence fees and maintenance costs directly associated with the area that is

If you have any further queries or would like assistance in ascertaining the fee for an area please contact the Park Lands Approvals Officer.

If you have any questions regarding permits, please contact:

City of Adelaide Customer Centre
During business hours 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Phone: 8203 7203
Fax: 8203 7575
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Back to Top

We are currently trialing a new and improved homepage.

If you would like to continue, choose ’OK’

Thank you for trying the beta homepage.
Please take our survey to share your thoughts and feedback.