City of Adelaide permits members of the public to register for the collection of olives from trees located within the Park Lands with the exception of:
- Fenced areas within Bonython Park / Tulya Wardli
- Trees located within garden beds
Anyone can register for the collection of Park Land olives.
How to Apply
Complete the online form for olive collections. Upon registration, you will automatically receive an email with the terms and conditions, as well as a four months validation date.
The person(s) collecting the olives must:
- Ensure the quantity collected does not exceed that considered to be required for normal domestic use.
- At all times exercise care and discretion to avoid disturbance to residents and users of the Park Lands.
- Exercise every precaution to avoid damage to the trees, that is no shaking, beating or removal of branches.
- Under no circumstances climb into a tree when collecting olives.
- Ensure that all equipment used in the olive collection does not create any risk to the general public. The person/s will be entirely responsible for the storage and care of all their materials and equipment. Before leaving an area, clear and carry away from the site all litter, branches, twigs and leaves that may be about or under the olive trees after picking.
- Obey all reasonable and legal verbal instructions from any Corporation Officer or Police Officer.
- Indemnify the City of Adelaide for any liability in respect of injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the collection of the olives or its produce.
- Not drive or park any motor vehicle or trailer on the Park Lands.
The City of Adelaide does not accept any liability for any loss or damages caused by or in connection with collecting the olives or its produce. Each olive picker undertakes this activity at their own risk.
No fee is applicable.
The following links are to organisations which can provide information relating to the harvesting and use of olives.
If you have any questions regarding permits, please contact:
City of Adelaide Customer Centre
During business hours 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Phone: 8203 7203
Fax: 8203 7575