Park Lands Fitness Activity Application
Each qualified personal trainer/instructor providing fitness services, activities and/or instruction to people in the Park Lands and/or City Squares must apply for a permit from City of Adelaide. This may include individual trainers working for commercial or non-commercial fitness groups.
City of Adelaide will accept applications for Fitness Activity Permits on an ongoing “first come, first served” basis.
A Fitness Activity Permit requires the permit holder to comply with the relevant terms & conditions outlined in the Use of the Adelaide Park Lands by fitness groups and personal trainer Operating Guidelines (516 KB).
In addition to a completed application form, each trainer must provide current evidence of the following:
- Exercise Professional registration with Fitness Australia, the national health and fitness industry association;
- Public Liability insurance policy to a minimum of $20 million; and
- Professional Indemnity insurance to a minimum of $5 million
A permit will be issued in accordance with the following steps:
- Applicant completes an application and provides the required evidence.
- Council Administration staff will assess the application to ensure that it meets all eligibility requirements, and that the proposed location, times and activities are appropriate.
- If the permit is approved, a letter of permission and invoice will be issued; and the activity may commence in accordance with the Conditions for Use.
- The permit fee must be paid in full before the due date.
Renewing a Permit
The onus of renewing an annual or seasonal Fitness Activity Permit is the responsibility of the permit holder.
To reapply, simply apply online as above; however there is only a need to resupply evidence of current insurance and Fitness Australia registration if the documents City of Adelaide has on file from a previous application have expired.
Once your application has been assessed and approved, an invoice will be forwarded to you for payment. Payment is to be made by the due date of the invoice.
Available payment methods will be listed on the invoice, including the option to pay in person at the Customer Centre, via phone using a credit card or via electronic funds transfer.
- In person – Customer Centre, 25 Pirie Street, Adelaide
- By Phone – Customer Centre, 8203 7203