Collection of Monies
This permit applies to charitable organisations that are not officially registered with Revenue SA and wish to collect money, pledges or goods on-street. Registered charitable organisations need to apply for a Badge Day Permit.
Wednesday is the only designated day for collection of monies, pledges or goods on-street.
Who Can Apply?
Not-for-profit, incorporated organisations or companies limited by guarantee may apply for a permit to collect money, pledges or goods on-street (including the sale of raffle tickets) in the public realm.
Please note: The activity shall be conducted for a single period of no longer than two hours in a day and no more than two people can be grouped at the same location. The “Collection Days” will be allocated as the applications are received. Collection Days will not be allocated to organisations in the week leading up to Anzac Day and Remembrance Day unless directly associated with those events.
Locations are approved on a case by case basis and determined by the responsible Permit Officer.
The following locations are not included in the Collection of Monies, Pledges and Goods On-Street Permit;
- Rundle Mall
- Adelaide Central Market
- Adelaide Oval River Bank Precinct
- Entrances to and inside the Railway Station
- Directly outside of Parliament House
- Within 50m of a Major Event declared by the Minister
How to Apply
To apply for this permit please complete the application form:
Return completed form to as per the directions on the application form or via the online application process.
You must submit with your application for the Collection of Monies, Pledges and Goods:
- Clear explanation for what purpose money, pledges or goods are being collected.
- Evidence of your organisation’s public liability insurance ($10million) that notes City of Adelaide as an Interested Party.
- Evidence the organisation is a not-for-profit or limited by guarantee charitable organisation.
Badge Days Permit costs can be found in Council's Fees and Charges Schedule
These fees are applied as stated in City of Adelaide’s current Fees & Charges Schedule.
If you have any questions regarding permits, please contact:
Adelaide City Customer Centre
8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Phone 8203 7203