Cycling and Walking Trails
Cycling and walking are active, alternative and affordable ways to explore the city via trails and streets.
Park Lands Trail
The Adelaide Park Lands can be explored by following winding paths and trails through lush parks and activity hubs. Hop on a bike or lace up your sneakers and follow the map below for a stress free tour of some of the world's most beautiful city gardens.
These brochures offer guided walks and rides to help you explore Adelaide by bike or on foot. Simply download and you're ready to go! You can pick up printed copies from the Adelaide Visitor Information Centre or the City of Adelaide Customer Centre.
- Explore Adelaide by Bike: Download the map
- For a broad guide to cycling around the city including best routes and attractions
- Park Lands Trail: Download the map
- Make a day of exploring the beautiful Adelaide Park Lands. The trail will take you to locations including the stunning Himeji Gardens and Old Adelaide Gaol.
- Family Fun Trail: Download the south east map | Download the south west map
- Bike riding together as a family is a great way to spend time together outdoors. Embark on a day of adventure in the city with the Wheely Good Fun Map.
Plan Your Ride
Cycle Instead is an interactive journey planner for your bike trip. It shows the Bikedirect network across metropolitan Adelaide so you can quickly choose the most direct and comfortable route for your journey, using secondary roads, bike lanes, shared paths, greenways and bicycle boulevards. Plan your ride here.
If you'd rather plan your own journey, see the preferred on-street cycling routes.