East Terrace Continental’s Eggs in Purgatory
EAST TERRACE CONTINENTAL
6 East Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
East Terrace Continental has been treating Adelaide to perfectly poached eggs since 2001, way before brunch became a mainstream social affair. Fondly known to locals as just ETC, you’d be hard pressed to find someone who hasn’t enjoyed something delicious under one of the signature red umbrellas.
The expansive menu has perfected the rainbow of healthy and nurturing dishes to the truly decadent. Start the day with an almond milk rice pudding with rose blossom water, spritzer poached pear, coconut flakes and pistachio crumb or commit to the full experience with the House-made potato rosti, poached free range eggs and crispy prosciutto. With nearly 40 options, you are bound to find something to suit every mood!
As one of the most iconic cafes in Adelaide, the café is situated in a charming heritage building which provides the perfect backdrop for a leisurely day. ETC has recently expanded upwards, opening up the upper level and balcony which boasts sweeping views of picturesque Rymill Park. Head on over and watch the world go by.
EGGS IN PURGATORY
PREPARATION TIME 10-15 minutes
COOKING TIME 25 minutes
"Our Eggs in Purgatory dish is the perfect winter recipe to get you through those chilly Adelaide mornings”.
1. Heat nap sauce and bring to simmer
2. Add four bean mix to the nap sauce
3. Add chopped chilli, paprika and salt and pepper to the sauce
4. Slice the chorizo down the middle and grill using oil
5. Place the sauce into an oven baking dish
6. Crack the two eggs over the sauce and place into oven for 6 minutes
7. Cut the chorizo into half again and place on top of the eggs.
8. Garnish the dish with chimichurri and parsley and serve with toasted sourdough