Workplace Health & Safety
The Executive Leadership Group holds operational responsibility for WHS across the City of Adelaide (COA). They are our Leaders and collectively they discharge the duties of the ‘PCBU’ under the WHS Act 2012 for all COA sites and operations.
They are responsible for the implementation of actions to help realise a healthy, safe and injury free environment, model safe behaviour and identify and provide adequate resources to ensure a safe work place and safe systems of work.
The Safety Management System at the COA is designed to drive efforts to ensure that our workplace is healthy and safe and that incidents in our unique workplaces are prevented. We are all responsible to adhere to safe systems of work and take reasonable care not to expose ourselves, others or the environment to unnecessary risk.
The Safety Management System is designed to comply with AS 4801 and includes:
- Appropriate policies and supporting procedures.
- Consultative processes framed around continuous improvement.
- Systems to implement our procedural requirements.
- Internal scrutiny of our systems and the results they produce.
- Periodic review of the effectiveness of our efforts by our Leaders.
We will work with our contractors and suppliers, the community and any other interested parties in order to improve the safety outcomes for all users of the city.Back to Top