Mobile Food Vendors
Mobile Food Vending Permits
Mobile Food Vending (MFV) aims to reinforce Adelaide as a creative and vibrant city by:
• supporting new creative ventures
• activating City places with input from business, community, and entrepreneurs
• supporting vibrant streets and public places as a part of daily life throughout the year
• incubating and developing new and creative ideas
• enriching the life of the City in streets, laneways and Park Lands.
The state government legislation came into effect on 1 March 2018, and as a result the Mobile Food Vending Permits have been updated. These affect all Mobile Food Vendors and Food Trucks. Please read through the below information to understand what has changed, and how to apply for a permit with the City of Adelaide.
Before applying for a Mobile Food Vending Permit, please review:
Permits are open all-year-round and can be applied for at any time. Permits are valid for optional durations from 1–12 month periods.
Permit Fees Structure and Duration
Permits will be valid from the date of issue in monthly allocations. Please note, if you are a fixed business who has not traded as a Mobile Food Vendor, you will have your permit fees waived for the first 12 months.
|1 Month Permit||
|2 Month Permit||
|3 Month Permit||
|4 Month Permit||
|5 Month Permit||
|6 Month Permit||
|7 Month Permit||
|8 Month Permit||
|9 Month Permit||
|10, 11 or 12 Month Permit||
How to Apply
Before applying for a Mobile Food Vending Permit, please review the Mobile Food Vending Program Application Information and Operating Guidelines.
You must submit with your completed application form:
- Public Liability Certificate of Currency for the amount of $20 million noting City of Adelaide as an Interested Party.
- A copy of your Food Business Notification with the local Council where your vehicle is housed, or where the majority of the food preparation and food handling is occurring.
- Written proof of notification of your trade waste disposal agreement with your local Council or SA Water.
If you have any questions regarding permits, please contact:
Adelaide City Customer Centre
8:30am - 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Phone: (08) 8203 7203