Skip to City of Adelaide content
our online payment systems including ePathway will be unavailable Monday,15 April, from 9:00pm to 11:30pm. Please try again after this time.p>
Call (08) 8203 7203

Small Bar Licensing

If you are involved in a business that will sell or supply alcohol to consumers, you have the responsibility to do this in accordance with the Liquor Licensing Act 1997. 

For any queries relating to events in private and public spaces within the city see the Activation Guidelines for more information. 

Consumer and Business Services

Consumer and Business Services are the body responsible for administering the Liquor Licensing Act and provide information, forms and fact sheets relating to Liquor Licensing in SA.

Search and access the Liquor and Gambling Licence Public Register

If you are organising an event where alcohol will be sold, you must apply for a Limited Liquor Licence (temporary licence).

To view upcoming LARGE Limited Liquor Licences events visit here.

The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure have a free case management service which simplifies the current complex assessment and licensing processes as well as offering advice and assistance from the initial planning stage through to the opening of premises. 

Visit the Start-up Information page for further information on starting up your business

Please contact 8203 7900 to speak to an City of Adelaide Liquor Licensing staff member for advise and council consent. Council consent is required for events over 300 people, events held on Council land and for all new permits issued. 

Back to Top

We are currently trialing a new and improved homepage.

If you would like to continue, choose ’OK’

Thank you for trying the beta homepage.
Please take our survey to share your thoughts and feedback.