Helicopter Landings & Take Offs
Who Can Apply?
Consideration to allow landings can be given for a number of reasons, including but not limited to flights that are required for:
- Media companies with respect to emerging emergencies or stories that will be of high interest to our state
- A major event in the City
A maximum of 6 helicopter landings per year can be approved for any one company. The reason for this cap is primarily to:
- Maintain the primary use of the Parklands and allow the community access
- Minimise the level of disruptive noise for local residents
- Protect the biodiversity and condition of the parklands
Conditions & How to Apply
To apply for permission to undertake a helicopter landing in the Park Lands, please complete a City Works Application form:
The completed form needs to be accompanied by the following supporting documentation:
- A certificate of currency of your Public Liability Insurance for a minimum of $20 million, noting City of Adelaide as an interested party.
- A Traffic Management Plan/ Site Plan which details the location of the take-off/landing zone, spotters, distances and pedestrian management to ensure public safety at all times
- Confirmation of consultation that has been undertaken with any affected parties around your take off/landing zone.
As part of the application and approval process, licensees or booked users of any relevant Park Land will need to be consulted. When operating under a permit to land or take off in the City of Adelaide, two way communication with Adelaide Air Traffic Control must be established and maintained whilst on the ground. In addition, it is the responsibility of the permit holder to ensure they have the appropriate approvals from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) at all times.
Fees are based on a per landing/take off basis and included in the City of Adelaide’s Fees and Charges Schedule. The current rate is $100 per landing.
If you have any questions regarding this or any other permit, please contact the City of Adelaide Customer Centre.Back to Top