City of Adelaide prepares strategic management plans to:
- set a clear vision and objectives for the City, in consultation with the community, and outline how it will work towards these
- address issues of significance in the City
- align its efforts with the South Australian and Australian Governments
- manage its resources, people and assets in a sustainable way.
Requirements for strategic management plans are explained by the Local Government Act 1999 (Section 122).
City of Adelaide 2016 - 2020 Strategic Plan
The City of Adelaide 2016 – 2020 Strategic Plan was unanimously adopted by Council on 29 June 2016.
DOWNLOAD TO VIEW: City of Adelaide 2016 - 2020 Strategic Plan - single spread version (6MB)
DOWNLOAD TO VIEW: City of Adelaide 2016 - 2020 Strategic Plan - double spread version (6MB)
Following extensive public consultation and stakeholder engagement Council has arrived at a vision for the City: Adelaide is a welcoming and dynamic city full of rich and diverse experiences. The City of Adelaide 2016-2020 Strategic Plan tells Adelaide’s growth story and articulates an agenda for strong growth over the next four years.
The Strategic Plan consists of four key themes Smart, Green, Liveable and Creative, underpinned by objectives and 110 actions to demonstrate Council’s commitment to tangible results.
10 year Infrastructure and Asset Management Plans
The development of these Infrastructure and Asset Management Plans indicate Council’s ongoing commitment to operate and maintain its asset portfolio efficiently to both meet its strategic objective to deliver the required levels of service for the community and its legislative responsibilities.
- Transportation assets (roads, footpaths, traffic infrastructure, bridges, parking machines)
- Water Infrastructure (Torrens Lake, underground drainage network, creeks)
- Lighting and electrical (includes underground duct work and cabling)
- Urban elements (street and park furniture, public artwork)
- Building (operational and civic/community buildings)
- Park Lands and Open Space (elements including trees, irrigation, landscaped areas)
Business Plan and Budget
The Business Plan and Budget is prepared each year and outlines Council’s activities for a given financial year. These activities contribute towards the delivery of the Strategic Plan, Strategic Resource Plan and 10 year Infrastructure and Asset Management Plans. It also includes an annual update of Council’s Long-Term Financial Plan to ensure that Council’s activities are financially sustainable.Back to Top