We have moved!
If you are searching for placemaking.cityofadelaide.com.au you are in the right place!
See below for information about the Market District, Hindley West, Melbourne Street and Topham Bentham Pitt Waymouth.
Placemaking embraces the ideas, energy and capital of local people and works with them to create a collection of places with distinct character and style.
The Placemaking Strategy 2013-2015 provided the overarching framework to support Placemaking and outlines the Council’s aim to create:
- Unique districts and places across the city
- Empowered communities and strong partnerships; and
- Development of the council as a best practice organisation to better respond to place making initiatives.
A Place Facilitator was appointed to each pilot area to develop the partnership between community and council. The Placemaking approach involved:
- Building relationships with and connecting property owners, traders, residents and others, understanding their attachment to their place.
- Talking through aspirations, challenges and opportunities and
- Facilitating and encouraging projects to see what works and what is possible.