Box Factory Community Centre
59 Regent St South, Adelaide
Phone: 8203 7749
Hours Monday to Friday 4pm - 7pm
Program of Activities
The Box Factory Community Centre is open to the public from 4pm – 7pm Monday to Friday. The Box Factory Community Centre promotes interaction within and among communities and facilitates community participation, through the development of activities, classes and events that reflect and inspire a broad mix of interests. The Box Factory also has volunteer opportunities in administration, operations or special projects.
- Visit the City of Adelaide Community Centre Facebook Page for upcoming Community Centre activities and events (or phone the Centre to discuss current activities – 8203 7749).
- Please check back in January for our full Community Activities Guide for 2017
Note: The Box Factory operates as a school of learning by day 9am – 4pm Monday to Friday for the University of the Third Age (phone 8359 3307) offering a series of courses, including politics, languages, philosophy and history, specifically aimed at those in 'active retirement'. While the University is open during these times the Centre is unavailable for hire by community groups.
You can book several spaces at the Box Factory Community Centre. To enquire about booking spaces at the Community Centre please read the following helpful documents and complete the online booking form. The online booking form allows you to view room availability, as well as descriptions and images of each of the five rooms for hire.
- Before booking the Community Centre please read the following - Terms and Conditions of Hire
- Step-by-step assistance to assist you with our new booking system Booking Instructions
- To determine which booking category you are please see Which 'Hire Category am I?
- Now that you have read the relevant information, Click here to make a booking!
Your local gallery at your doorstep! New and established artists can also showcase their work in our exhibition space. You are welcome to host an opening night for the exhibition. Limited viewing times Monday to Friday 4pm-6pm. Please call or email the Box Factory Community Centre for more information.
Have an enthusiasm to grow your own herbs and vegetables? Do you like sharing your knowledge with the local community? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about getting involved in the small table-top community garden located at the Community Centre.
There are a number of local committees including the South-East City Residents Association Inc. and the City South East Neighbourhood Watch group. Download the City of Adelaide’s Community Centres’ Activities/Workshops Guide for contact information.
Join our Mailing List
Join our mailing list to receive regular newsletters and/or information on a wide range of programs, services and local events. Please contact the Community Centre to join the mailing list email@example.com
How to find us:
You can reach us easily!
- On Foot: About 3 minutes' walk from Hurtle Square (Pulteney Street) along Halifax Street, and about 5 minutes from Hutt Street along McLaren Street.
- By Tram: Get off at Victoria Square and walk along Angas Street and Pulteney Street to Hurtle Square, and then via Halifax Street (approximately ten minutes)
- By Bus: Numerous buses go along Pulteney Street and Hutt Street
- The Free City Connector passes along Halifax Street (Stops H1 east-bound and S1 westbound) every 15 minutes in both directions. Routes 98A and 98C serve the FREE city and North Adelaide loop. Routes 99A and 99C serve the FREE city loop.
Routes and timetables Adelaide Metro Website.Back to Top